Sunday, February 10, 2013

Directions and Parking Lot Assholes

One of my 'favorite' things regarding MVH is when I'm walking my dog and a car stops to ask me directions in my somewhat confusing neighborhood.

As I'm describing the way to the Christmas Story House or the Steelyard shopping development, anybody stopped in a car behind that person becomes enraged within several seconds.

They invariably lay on the horn or go squealing around the stopped driver, which makes me want to take even more time to help my fellow citizen.

I almost got in a fight with some asshole in a shopping center parking lot in the burbs over this once.

Somebody wanted directions and it took about 15 seconds to explain them, keeping an asshole behind the person I was helping from exiting the funneled design of the parking lot.

I informed the asshole after he issued some unintelligible aggro that indeed life was short and I was (not) sorry that I kept him immobile for a short moment of it.

Asshole made a move to get out and engage me and I welcomed it. Didn't happen.

Yet another incident occurred once when, years ago, I was driving to a restaurant and a friend was coming from her home in her vehicle.

I found a spot and saw her approaching where I was walking towards our destination. There were a fair amount of parking spaces available, by no means was it full.

As she approached I stood in one spot waving her over when, from behind me some asshole in a BMW comes careening into the same space stopping just short of hitting me.

From the asshole's car, the asshole screams, believe it or not, "Get The Fuck Out Of My Way," as if the asshole had a constitutional right to a share of lined asphalt.

Shamefully, I stepped aside and glared through the window. Asshole jumped on the horn. I walked away laughing.


MVH does horrible things to people, (and the environment and the economy, etc.)


No comments:

Post a Comment